Hot Storage vs. Cold Storage
Hot and cold storage are colloquial industry terms for storage tiers, which differ based on the frequency at which data is accessed. Is data “hot” (moving around regularly) or “cold” (generally stagnant)? Most businesses have both types of storage—data they need to process frequently, and data that can sit for long periods of time without a second glance. This guide to hot and cold storage covers the benefits and use cases of each type of storage tier as well as the importance of storage tiering overall.
- Powerful Storage Infrastructure Solutions for your business
- Cybersecurity: The Imperative of Future-Proofing in the Digital Era
- How Infrastructure as Code Is Evolving Platform Engineering
- Network Optimization: 15 Considerations When Adopting Emerging Tech
- Best Practices for Protecting Your Data in the Cloud