How predictive analytics have landed a leading role in IT operations
Predictive analytics. What are they?
You’d be right in thinking they sound like something straight out of a Hollywood movie - having featured in recent blockbusters including Minority Report, Moneyball and The Bank.
But away from the glamour of Hollywood and back in reality, predictive analytics have landed a starring role in IT operations.
Thanks to the speed at which technology is developing, the reliance businesses place on IT has never been greater. However, just as every Hollywood movie needs a villain, the bad guy in this story is the dreaded storage outage.
Waiting in the wings to prevent storage outages are predictive analytics – a form of advanced analytics that use both new and historical data to forecast future activity, behaviour and trends.
- How SaaS security became one of the most overlooked threats in the enterprise – and what you can do about it
- 12 Reasons to Consider Outsourced Cyber Security
- For a secure hybrid workforce, adopt SASE
- Too Many Tools in the Security Box and What to Do About It
- 5 successful ways to use artificial intelligence to improve your business processes