Software-Defined Storage — Opportunities for the Enterprise
Enterprises are singularly focused on a digital transformation journey — one that requires a gradual but consistent transformation in all aspects of how a firm operates. Maintaining a competitive edge is mandatory and requires internal and external processes that allow the firm to bring new products and services to market faster, provide an unparalleled customer service experience, and respond to market trends in an agile manner.
IT infrastructure transformation is a crucial requirement for enterprises to successfully execute on their digital transformation strategy. For example, it requires enterprises to embrace develop and/or deploy next-generation applications; embrace newer methodologies such as DevOps; and prepare for hybrid cloud. The infrastructure for this digital world has to be software defined and in lockstep with these newer applications and methodologies. In other words, it needs to be agile, scale on demand, and be operations friendly. Storage is a core component of software-defined infrastructure (SDI) and therefore deserves the same level of attention as other aspects of SDI, such as compute and networking.
- Consolidate Your Secondary Data And Apps With Cohesity DataPlatform
- Prepare for the future with composable infrastructure from HPE Synergy & CDW
- Overcome the obstacles to the all-flash datacentre with HPE Nimble Storage
- Hyper-converged products offer big benefits to IT environments
- Can machine learning predict application downtime?